Sleep or Get Sick!Posted on: January 4, 2017Categories: LiveWell 24/7
Are you experiencing a lack of sleep? Some people may have trouble sleeping without being diagnosed with insomnia. Many people are more prone to sicknesses in the winter, however, lack of sleep can make one more likely to get sick. There are several ways to combat this issue naturally without taking sleep medications!
- Limit Caffeine Consumption – Avoid drinking caffeine 6 hours before bedtime.
- Eliminate Unhealthy Foods – Greasy, fat-filled foods, and sweets skew sleep patterns.
- Avoid Alcohol – Alcohol consumption causes for an unrestful sleep, drowsiness, and irritability the following day.
- Meditate – Mindfulness and relaxation eliminates symptoms for insomnia.
- Exercise – Lowers blood pressure and improves quality of sleep.
- Temperature – Make sure your room is at an optimal temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep!
- Aromatherapy – Essential oils, such as lavender, stimulate melatonin and promotes restful sleep.
- Air Purifier – Eliminate all those unhealthy substances in your air. Dust and bacteria can disrupt your sleep and make you sick!
- Block Out Noise – Try using a sound machine to block out any outside noise.
- Limit Technology – The light from your phone will suppress melatonin and make it harder for you to fall asleep.