Benefits of Bell PeppersPosted on: January 11, 2017Categories: LiveWell 24/7
If you are trying to improve your health and wellness after the new year, you may want to add bell peppers to your diet! This vegetable will help you reach your weight goals with only 37 calories per serving along with a high water content! This is just one perk among several other benefits.
- Immune Support: The vitamin A and C in bell peppers will support your immunity, preventing short-term and even long-term illnesses!
- Mood Booster: Vitamin B6 increases serotonin and norepinephrine, which will increase your mood!
- Reduces Risk of Cancer and Heart Disease: Made up of carotenoids, which are antioxidants found in plants and help prevent these diseases.
- Supports Healthy Eyes: Lutein and zeaxanthin are also antioxidants found in this vegetable. These support your vision!
- Skin Saver: Vitamin C increases the production of collagen, giving you beautiful skin!
- Pregnancy: This vegetable contains a large amount of folate, which is a crucial component of a pregnant diet.